Beef Shish Kebab with Red Mole Paste
INGREDIENTSFor the marinade:
- 2 teaspoons Seasons of My Heart Red Mole Paste
- ¼ white onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- ½ - 1 teaspoon chile de árbol powder ground
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon SOMH Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chives, finely chopped
- 6 large metal skewers
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 12 mushrooms
- 1 ½ pounds beef sirloin tip, cut in 18 pieces
- 2 summer squash, sliced thickly
- 12 cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 red onion cut in thick wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 6 chile habaneros
- 6 limes, halved
- Seasons of My Heart Red Mole sauce, reconstituted
In a blender mix together the Seasons of My Heart Red Mole Paste, onion, garlic chile powder, chicken stock, orange juice, black pepper, sea salt, olive oil and blend until smooth. Stir in herbs.
Thread the skewers to make the alambers by threading with a piece of yellow bell pepper, a mushroom, a red onion wedge, a piece of beef sirloin tip, summer squash slices, a cherry tomato, another piece of beef, followed by onion, mushroom, red bell pepper, beef squash and finishing with a large fresh chile habanero.
Brush the skewers with the marinade to evenly coat them. Grill the kabobs on a hot grill with fruit wood chips or mesquite on the coals, turning as needed. Serve over saffron rice.
Accompany with corn tortillas, mole rojo sauce, limes and any other Mexican hot sauce.